Fred Moore’s 14 Points of Animation
This list was composed by the great Disney animator Fred Moore and is shown here as it appears in “Disney Animation: The Illusion of Life”. Fred Moore was one of the great “natural” Disney animators from the 1930s. He created the seven dwarfs in Snow White. Fred Moore died in a traffic accident when he was only 42 years old.
Fred’s 14 Points of Animation
- Appeal in drawing
- Most interesting way?
- Is it the most entertaining way?
- Are you in character?
- Are you advancing the character?
- Is this the simplest statement of the idea of the scene?
- Is the story point clear?
- Are the secondary actions working with the main action?
- Is the presentation best for the medium?
- Does it have 2 dimensional clarity?
- Does it have 3 dimensional solidity?
- Does it have 4 dimensional drawing?
- Are you trying to do something that shouldn’t be attempted?